Beef Bolognese Sauce Over Zoodles
April 15, 2015 |
John Paul Catanzaro
Guest Blog by Mary Catanzaro
In my never-ending quest to prepare healthy and tasty dinners, I
decided to try the zucchini noodle dish that I have been reading about
on several Paleo sites and blogs. You can also prepare this meal using
Spaghetti squash roasted in the oven for 45 minutes.
- fresh zucchini peeled
- salt, pepper, oregano and garlic powder
- Using a julienne peeler, slice all the zucchini and set aside.
- Sauté the zucchini noodles (aka zoodles) over med-low heat in a
skillet with olive oil. For my family of 5, I need to prepare them in
- Season with spices of your choice.
BOLOGNESE (MEAT) SAUCE
- medium ground beef
- tomato paste
- tomato sauce
- salt, pepper
- Sauté onion and carrot pieces in a little butter and olive oil until tender.
- Add ground beef and cook through, mixing it as it cooks.
- Add 1/2 can of tomato paste and 1-2 cups of tomato sauce.
- Season as you like.
- Let simmer for 10-20 minutes.
This is a very meaty sauce as you can see from the picture. We love it this way and the kids are eating vegetables!